{favorite recipe}


I have been meaning to do a post about one of my favorite recipes to make. I made it last night with tomatoes from my neighbors garden. My kids LOVE it. And it's super simple. I get the shrimp at Costco. The frozen bag that is already peeled and deveined. I make this probably twice a month and the leftovers are even better because the flavors have meshed together overnight. If you give it a try let me know what you think.



{Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta}

5 large tomatoes, cut into eighths

3 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons minced garlic

¾ teaspoon kosher salt

¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 cup Feta, crumbled



Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish. Spoon the olive oil and garlic over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss. Place on top rack of oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the Feta. Place back in oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked. Serve warm with crusty bread.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe!!! Thanks for sharing.

Brookie said...

Do you thaw the shrimp first? We are making for dinner tonight:-)