{john mayer}


Things have been crazy lately. It must be summer coming to an end and we're trying to fit everything in before school starts. But I have a few things to blog about. I should say that blogging for me it not only a good way to keep in touch with others, but a good way to journal. So with that said....I have a few things to journal about.

Last Friday we got to go to the John Mayer concert with some friends. It was a blast. The concert was outside and the weather was perfect. A warm summer night. We brought a picnic for Amy's birthday. Everyone helped and it was so nice to chat and relax. While we were eating, Alan ran into a friend from high school. Alan and I went to junior high together (although we didn't know each other). I moved in 8th grade but we do know some people in common. So when Alan said where his friend was from I checked it out. But I didn't know him. So I went back to chatting. Then I noticed Alan's friend's wife. It was Liz. A good friend from 6th grade. I hadn't seen her in 20 years, but she looked the same. I couldn't believe it. She recognized me too. It was so weird, I couldn't get over it. She now lives about 20 minutes from me. And we both have little one year old red-heads. We went to exchange info and no one had a pencil or paper. But luckily a women overheard us and helped out. It was such a great evening. And I got to reconnect with a friend I hadn't seen in 20 years. Man, I'm old.

No comments: