I had the opportunity to go to girls camp again. This year I went as the 2nd year certification leader. It worked out really well since I needed only to go for 1 day. Chris was able to work from home and it was not that big of a deal to leave for the day. Before camp I went up to do a pre-hike. Ashley was able to come with me. She got to see what Camp Ritchie was all about. Lucky girl, you should have to wait until you're 12. Now she is super excited to go.

I only had my phone to take pictures with. The shadows are pretty bad in this one.
I was so nervous to lead the hike. But it all worked out great. I hope that I can do it again next year since now I know what to expect. I had 35 girls, 9 YCLS, and 8 adults to lead on the hike.
No pressure.
We made BBQ chicken tin foil dinners and chipmunks for dessert. No accidents and everyone made it back safely. A successful day. I was able to stick around after the hike and enjoy catching up with friends in the stake and the beauty of camp. It is such a special place that brings back such tender memories for me as a girl. I can't wait for my girls to experience it as well.

1 comment:
LUCKY GIRL!! I miss Camp Richie! I can't believe Ash will be going in just a few short years.
Post a Comment