{the windy city}


I learned why Chicago is called the windy city,  a reported called it that because of the long winded politicians Chicago had back in the day. Anyways....it was unbelievable. I wasn't there long enough so we definitely need to go there again. Thanks for all the suggest on where to go. I had a great time. Thank you so much Chris, Granny Suez, Grandpa, and J. I needed the break. I spent a lot of time on Michigan Ave. shopping. But here are few of my favorite things that happened.

I made a trip out to visit the Harpo Studios. Yes, Chris mocked me that I visited the "Church of Oprah". But it was fun. Next time I want to go to a taping. Maybe it would be "Oprah's favorite things" show. Christine and Bea let me know when we are going.
I think one of my favorite places to see was the American Girl Place. I never had an American Girl doll, but it was so fun. I little girls heaven. I told Ashley that if she reads all the books we can go to the one in L.A. All the dads and brothers were sitting one the couches, while the mothers and little girls shopped. I had heard about how fabulous it was but I was there for an
 hour by myself. It was three floors. They have a movie theater, cafe, doll salon, and hospital. Ashley wants a look-a-like doll. We found a cute one with freckles. I can hardly wait to go.

Doll Salon. I love the chair and cape.
Chicago is so neat. I love the river flowing through it. We took the water taxi a few times. It was so relaxing.


Of course Chris had a coupon for the Sears Tower. It was $20 bucks a person to go to the top. Once we got to the top all I could think about was 9-11. It's 102 floors. I swear it was swaying back and forth which made for a really quick trip.

Sears Tower- The tallest building in the U.S.
The last night we were there Chris had gotten us tickets to Wicked. We had looked into getting Cub Tickets but they were away. So we got to go to Wicked. I can't say enough about it. Chris even liked it. We are going again in February. I also want to take the girls some time. I know Leah would love Ga-linda.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a super fun weekend away. I can't wait to see Wicked when it comes here this winter.

the Sisters said...

Chicago looks so fun! Brian hasn't been back since his mission, so we'll have to go sometime soon. Looks like you had fun. I'm jealous you get to see Wicked twice!!

garian said...

I'm so glad you made it to the American Girl store. Jealous! It looks like you had a great time. You deserved it :)
Garian