
The same day that my sister had her Senior Ball, my little brother Michael had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor! What an accomplishment! Can you believe that he got it at the age of FIFTEEN? Crazy. He's a pretty talented guy.
He received his Eagle Scout along with 9 other young men...yes, 9. It made for a looooong ceremony. It wouldn't have been so bad if it didn't get started with a guy giving a 30-minute powerpoint presentation on eagles: their habits, calls, and every other bit of information you never wanted to know about them. It was excruciating. I also knew it was going to be a difficult evening when we noticed a special roped-off section of seating, which we later learned was the "Eagle's Nest" devoted to all of the men who had received their Eagles. So Chris gladly got up and sat in his little nest, leaving me with all kids. I shot him plenty of "this is so not fair" looks. He was pretty happy. As I tried to keep the girls quiet, an old lady sitting right in front of us turned around and said, "My goodness!" That was it - I took off to the foyer, and was later joined by every sibling, brother-in-law, and neice/nephew. There were nature walks, running, and ultimately writing on the chalkboard in the Young Women's room. I was also able to get my lesson for YW prepared. I was glad I was at least able to see my brother get recognized - that was all that mattered.
Brooke sent this to me that she had snapped with her phone. It is a bad picture, but it captures what it was like during the ceremony. Leah is playing Lil' Bo Peep with my Grandma's sweater and Ashley is trying to be a good helper and taking her out. I wish I could have sat in the Eagle's Nest too.
5 comments:
That post was hilarious!!! And that photo of Ash & Leah (in the chapel, no less) is hilarious. I saw Leah doing something with Grandma's sweater but couldn't figure out what.
That family picture says it all - I love it!
Fun CHOY!!! can't wait to see what you are up to I will add it to my personal blog... did I send you an invite?
CHOY!!! how fun this will be thanks for the invite... kidney stone.. so sorry! YUCK!
So you do it I guess it's my turn next. Thanks for sending me the other blogs. You baby is way cute. I must say your hair looks great. I can't wait to see you again.
Post a Comment