{happy st. patricks day}

We started of the day with a special treat. Lucky Charms and green milk. This was special because the girls NEVER get this kind of cereal.

The girls gave their teachers each a pot of basil. We tried to find clovers, but maybe next year we will grow some to give them. But, I think the basil will be more useful.

Leah, Ellie, and I made a rainbow cake to eat for dessert after dinner. They were so excited to do this, that we had to do it after breakfast.



It was actually really good. And it turned out so pretty. Perfect for our St. Patrick's Day fun.

The girls waited all day to see if "Lucky" would come to our house. He made is visit known by leaving a big mess behind. He messed up all the beds, mainly the Mom and Dad's, even putting their blanket in the tub. Thankfully, there was no water in the tub. He also turned the toliet water green. He is a sneaky little leprechaun. We were all home when he stopped by. The girls heard him, but he was gone before they could find him. He did leave some "pots of gold" for the girls and a new Wii game.

Maybe next year we will catch him.

3 comments:

garian said...

Look at that smile on Ella! Love it! I want to make a rainbow cake but haven't had an occasion to. You're girls are so lucky.

Anonymous said...

How cute! That rainbow cake looks so good, which I am sure it is because you are a good cook! Love you.

Lisette said...

I love to see that someone else celebrates St. Patrick's Day too. My Mom always gave us Lucky Charms (a real treat) for breakfast and we had a pot of gold to search for hidden around the house. I love the rainbow cake though and will have to give that a try.