For my 30th birthday Chris gave me a trip to New York. I had never been there and I had a BFF that lived there. Time seemed to just slip by. I was either pregnant or had a newborn or it was tax season. Four years later we finally made out. Unfortunately Brooke moved back to California. We planned for months to use points for both our flights and hotels. And made it our 10 anniversary second honeymoon.
Our first stop was 30 Rock. We did the NBC tour and got to see SNL set. Justin Timberlake was hosting that week. It is so small. I tried to ask about tickets but I knew they are extremely hard to come by. No Luck. We also saw where the NBC Nightly new desk. When we were done and just hanging out in the Plaza, who do we see, Brian Williams. I guess he needed to feel better about himself since he just was wondering around. Must be so weird to have strangers know who you are.
We were lucky enough to go to the Late show and sit in the front row center. Bruce Willis was the guest. Dave actually looked at me during the monologue because I was just laughing at everything. The page told me before we started that we had the best seats in the house, so were really had to "be there for Dave". I guess I was under too much pressure since I laughed at everything. I have some inside secrets if you ever go to help get in the front row. Be sure to ask. I will say that my ability to talk to anyone sure paid off. While we waited for the show to start we enjoyed a hand pulled turkey sandwich at the Hello Deli. Rupert made it for us. We are so easily entertained.
Our final activity of the day was a Yankee game. They played the Florida Marlins and lost after tying it up in the 8th. There was a rain delay so we left and went back to the hotel to see ourselves on TV. My Dad called and said he saw me. I guess that was our 15 minutes of fame.

3 comments:
That is so cool!! Looks like you guys had some fun!! I'm glad you were able to go to NY!! It's so much fun there!! Tif
Joy, you are such a fief!! I knew when I saw a lady on the front row waving her arms that it was you...way to work it Mama!! I think I'm ready for another trip there!
xoxo
Man, I wish I could have been there when you came. You finally make it to NYC and we aren't there anymore! 10 years Joy! I lived there for 10 years! But it sounds like you had a lovely trip without me telling you where to go..
Post a Comment