We got Chris a Bobby Flay Cookbook for Father's Day. I figured since our favorite meal in NYC was at Mesa Grill that maybe Chris could learn to cook too, if I got him this book. Well it worked. Last week he went to the store and bought everything for a Bobby Flay Day of meals.
It started with blueberry pancakes. They were delicious! The girls didn't like the blueberries too much, but the pancakes were so good. I guess it is not too hard to be impressed when you are use to box mixes. We got the recipe from a Throwdown episode. Which has become one of our favorite shows as well.
Then for dinner we had Blue Bacon Burgers, onion rings and mint milkshakes.
The sauce on these burgers was heaven. It was a blue cheese sauce. For the milkshakes (I forgot to get a picture) He started the night before by infusing milk with mint leaves. Then when he making them, melted chocolate and added that to the ice cream to give it the speckles. Again soooo good. I love this new Chris who is quite the cook. I could get use to this really quickly!
1 comment:
I am soooo impressed!
Post a Comment