I had the opportunity to go to Girls Camp as a counselor for the third year girls. I got to go on the over night hike. I didn't know anyone on the hike, all the girls from our ward stayed home to go to their 8th grade Promotion, so I was on my own. I got to meet lots of new people. It was definitely out of my comfort zone, but it was a great experience. A great reminder of the days that I went to camp. Surprisingly, not much had changed in 15 years since I had been there. What a beautiful place.
All the third year girls on our hike.
We camped near a melted snow river. Another leader and I bet the girls to go in the water. These girls did it and spilt $40! Crazy, the water was freezing.
I made aprons for the girls in my group. They actually really liked wearing them. They were perfect for capers! I had a great group of girls that gave me NO problems. We had a lot of fun.
My darling YCL, Tashley and I. She asked me to braid her hair almost everyday. Which lead to the other asking me to do it. I guess I couldn't get away from doing hair for a week.
Bishop's night and everyone from our ward.
We had a CPR training and they said to pump to the beat of Stayin' Alive. I got a kick out that because for the The Office episode with the same situation.
It was a long week away from the girls and Chris. I was so excited to come home. I think next year I will only go for a few days and save my time until my girls are there. Camp Ritchie is such a special place and I was lucky to be able to go back. Thanks to Chris for watching the girls so I could go!
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great time! The camp looks really nice too. I think it'll be even nicer when your own girls go --- guess I'll just have to pretend all of the girls at camp are my own since I won't get to have that opportunity with my boys!!!
Post a Comment